Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sara, The 9-Year Old Quilter Finishes Her Quilt Top - Easy Peasy!!!




Well, Sara was very excited on Monday evening, she finished her quilt top!  Next week she will quilt it on the sewing machine herself, then the binding, I think on the machine too.  She is so excited, she has big plans for this quilt, although it is a secret for now.  Sara is already planning her next project, I am not sure her grandmother, Marie, expected that!  Marie just finished her quilt on Monday evening, I will post a picture of her Easy Peasy later.  Sara has plans to make a change purse from my pattern Little Bits.  That will be a great second project for her, very easy!  Just in case you are wondering the pattern that Sara used is Easy Peasy.

4 comments:

  1. Sara, you have done an amazing job, I LOVE your quilt. Purple has been my favorite color since I was a little girl and that's been a long time cause I'm 61 now, LOL. I can't wait to see it all quilted and bound, then I hope to see lots of pictures of your next project. WELL DONE SARA!!! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us. Big Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS, I forgot to ask you what pattern your quilt is. I really would like to make one like if for my grand daughter...purple is also her favorite color. Wooo Hooo!!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Sara on a beautiful quilt and I hope she continues to quilt for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful quilt Sara. I love the fabrics you picked!!

    ReplyDelete