Friday, March 9, 2012

Disappearing 4-Patch Tutorial

Well, here goes, I hope you all understand this tutorial.  I really like these disappearing 4 and 9 patch quilts, but I do like them with a bit of consistancy, like a background fabric.  The tutorial is on a 4 patch using 5"squares, it would be quicker to use larger squares, and I think I would like sashing and corner blocks.

Start with 4 squares, placed as above.  Sew together to make one large square.  Now, place the 1" mark of the ruler on the seam of the square and cut.  Do the same on all sides of this middle seam.

Now, mix those long rectangles up, then sew back together.  Square, if needed, you are finished.  This block has many possibilities, so have fun!  And remember, press, press, press!!!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh these are really cute and so easy, I might have seen the block before, but not how they go together like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Great tutorial

    ReplyDelete